Tuesday, August 25, 2009

GOD of many senses

I went to the cathedral church.. depression and frustration brought me there. Everything seems to be so wrong and out of place. A friend once told me that you will find peace and solace in the Blessed Sacrament also known as the prayer room..so i made my way there.

To my surprise the sacred room was half crowded! geeezzz..i blinked and made a closer look into the transparent thick glass that wrapped the whole room. It was really half crowded..every corner of the room was occupied by people who are on their knees. hmmm…shall i go inside? or shall i go home then??

Without even thinking, my feet took me inside the blessed room. it was like a magnet had pulled me. Yes, i was inside. I felt so awkward! i dont seem to belong in this place. it has been years that i have’nt visited this place. i felt a chill on my spine..and my hands went cold! Oh my! am i gonna be burned here???! Spare me Lord! uhmmm… not to mention i have been bad these past few years. i am not even a “Godly” being, or even “God-Like” as what Christians really do. I welcome sin every now and then..Very Sinful! seee?? very bad. oh well, i have faith but i tell you it is very unstable. i do believe in God but just up to that. “i believe in God”..i know there is something missing. i crave for something i just do not know. until now, i vaguely know answers.

BURN!..the word that my mind kept on telling me..my heart beat so fast. i was catching breath as if a verdict would hit me and put me to death. I took a very deep breath, then after moments of standing in the entrance i found my way to a little corner in the room as if it was reserved for me., i was unconsciously brought there..it was like someone had ushered me to go there.

I was so silent. People come and go. i was still silent. i had moments of silence! Then, i felt emotional..i am not the like but i just felt like crying. i had mixed emotions. i felt joy! i felt peace. My mouth started to open in murmur..then i was stunned! a question striked me..”How do i pray?”. Flabergasted! i dont know how to start talking with God. it was so stupid of me, words wont come out. its a dilemna.

I looked around the room. Everyone seems to be talking with HIM. Their eyes were closed, lips are murmuring, and hands are raised in the air. Some are on thier knees praying the rosary. Others are squattting as if they were making a chat with an old friend. Everybody feels to be so at home.

Gulp! then i start to ask myself..Does God hear all these?!.. the prayers, chats, praises, problems, frustrations etc and etcetera. All these people are talking to one persona. How does He handle these?? What about those people outside this room, are they heard?. I was told that GOD is everywhere, he heals, makes miracles, protects the weak, save lives..all these with just one GOD? oh yes, i have second thoughts about this..you know this goes in my mind everytime, and to be honest i’m sick of this it makes me quite unfaithful.*sigh*

Partly i’m amazed! i really am. i closed my eyes , and i started talking to myself. it was a long moment as if i had a conversation with someone. then, i had a realization.

God is powerful, nothing is impossible for Him. He made all these things for our good. Because of His great Love for us, He is always there for us no matter how hard or easy life is. He will never leave us. He Loves us!.

A tear fell on my cheek, He is GOd. Father,creator, saviour, friend, teacher, all these names are titled for HIM..and so, i have a name for HIM. He is the God of many senses..why?? its because:

He sees everything we do either good or bad.
He heals through his hands and touches our hearts with his great love.
He smells the fragrance of our souls may it be foul or not, he accepts us.
He hears and listen to everything we say to Him. May it be prayers, praises, problems, or frustrations.

Then..i was burned. I was burned with love and joy. All those times that i thought nobody cared for me, all those times that i felt unloved. He was there. He never left me. He is my God. I will always try to reach for Him even with all my imperfections. I trust God that he would help me out into this darkness.

“How long must i bear pain in my soul,and have sorrow in my heart all the day? but i have trusted in thy steadfast love; My heart shall rejoice in thy salvation”
(Psalm 13:2,5)

2 comments: